Friday, February 02, 2007

No jokes today, although in my Albanian lesson today, I was reading some very unfunny jokes.... One of them was....


Man1: Oh no - I've lost my dog.
Man2: Have you put an advert in the paper?
Man1: What's the point of that - my dog can't read!!

Terrible, I know.... Sorry.


I received terrible news this morning, that I owe the taxman a lot of money, due to the tax peoples TOTAL incompetence. Unbelievable... I may now have to take my mums advice of planning my honeymoon in West Wales, instead of the Far East, where we wanted to go.

I also received GREAT news about Iliar. Some of the more regular readers will remember that I was trying to get Iliar a wheelchair part from the UK. Unfortunately, I got absolutely no replies from the companies which I contacted. News reached me this morning however, that Richard (a missionary here from Birmingham) has made steps forward in getting Iliar to a boarding school for the physically disabled. This is a place run by a charity called God Loves Albania (http://www.godlovesalbania.org/ - they haven't finished their website yet). This will cost around 50 pounds a month (all donations gratefully accepted!!), but this will give him room and board for the whole month, as well as the opportunity for him to learn valuable life skills and a trade, to help him in the future.

The weekend is beckoning, and a busy one before I venture home to the pastures of the UK for my 3 week break. I have organised a Youth Meeting at church this evening. Tomorrow morning is kids church, and Cuke Gypsy camp will be receiving more chocolates at 3pm tomorrow!! Sunday morning, I will be preaching on Repentance at the Baptist church, and I will be leading worship at the 4sq church on Sunday afternoon. Ha ha ha - I can't wait to be on holiday!! :o)

No comments: