Saturday, December 16, 2006

Today I went to the Cuke gypsy camp once again. But the weather today was so good, I took my camera for the first time since arriving here. I wanted to give you guys a feel of life there. There are some great characters there. Some of them young and some slightly older...





There are also some really cute babies!!!



This is where they live..... There are a couple of houses (well.... shacks really) either side of this road.


This is their church. It was fairly packed today.... It also doubles as their school during the week.



I'll leave you with a picture I took later on today, when we had our usual 6 o clock power cut. Apparently theres only enough water left to create (using hydroelectricty) another 10 days of power. Then the country is in trouble. We need rain!!! The town being so dark, brought the stars out in such an amazing way. Unfortunately - this picture REALLY doesn't do it any justice. But I thought I'd put it on here anyway. Naten e mir. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honey im getting worried, your pictures are too good and i fear that when i come to visit i wont be able to do anything you havent already done,
Love you anna.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful people. God bless your work there :)