Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So..... Let me fill you all in for the last few days.....

Some of you may know, that I have since departed the lands of Albania.... Temporarily..... Last Thursday, I spent the 8-hour bus journey from Sarande to the capital of Albania - Tirana. Yes, it was exactly as bad as everyone had told me. My first mistake was to drink a coffee before leaving. Half an hour later - I was busting for the loo, and unable to translate the words "stop", "can we pull over" or "I need a wee". I managed to hang on for two hours until we stopped for a break, but trust me - it wasn't easy!!

In Tirana, I sampled my first curry in 6 weeks, thanks to Magdalena. That was a definate highlight. I also spent the whole of Friday drinking coffee with friends and looking around the town. I then secretly sneeked off back to the UK on Saturday.

Due to the fog situation, I arrive in London far too late to catch the last train to Reading. Thankfully, Tim offered me a couch for the night, which was awesome of him. Thanks dude - very much appreciated, as Clapham Junction gets a tad chilly at night!!


Anna was totally unaware of all of this, thanks to everyone who was in on the secret, and who kept it that way. On Christmas day - I drove down to Taunton, and shocked her!! I then gave her a ring and asked her to marry me. She said 'Get down on one knee and ask me again!!' So - I did, and she said 'Yes!!'. So my big news everybody.... I'm engaged!!

I will be returning to Albania on the 2nd of January, so I will continue with all updates on my return.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sion!!

I'm very happy for you and Anna, and I'll be praying for both of you :)

Ems

Anonymous said...

Many congrats dude! Best wish to you both for the future :o)

MammaMayMiller said...

hey sion, wow...!!!
What fantabuloous news :-)
like the blog btw.
CONGRATUL:ATIONS
heaps of love to the 2 of you, I know Anna will be reading this too somewhere sometime.
Rach xx

Anonymous said...

HeY Sion
About time :-) ...God bless you both...Pete