Monday, November 13, 2006

Do you remember french lessons back at school?

Je, Tu, Ill, Elle, Nous, Vous….etc etc…

I used to hate these, especially since we had to learn them all from memory. Well – unfortunately, they also have these in Albanian, and they are equally as important, and equally as difficult. To make matters worse, they even put an emphasis on how far away a person is, and whether the objects in question are masculine or feminine. It is SUCH a difficult language!!

After my lesson this morning, I helped Liri with the shopping, and picked little Joni (her grandson) up from school. I was amazed at the kids playing in the yard there – they were playing totally separately from each other – boys with boys and girls with girls, despite playing exactly the same game.

Joni then took me on a tour of the neighbourhood to find 'treasure'.... He's obsessed by Pirates of the Carribean,.... Funnily enough - I know another little boy back in Reading who is also obsessed by that film.... He however, doesn't draw maps and uses his grandfathers pickaxe to try and dig for the treasure.... At least I hope he doesn't :o)

Missing you all.

No comments: