Thursday, November 16, 2006

Whoever thought kids would be so tiring…??

Today, I mainly looked after some of the neighbourhood kids. For those who have been here before – they were Elda, Alma, Sara, Arifi and Joni. They are full of beans, but thankfully – they also served a great purpose today. This morning I had a lesson in verbs with Liri, and this afternoon, I got a chance to try them out. I told the kids what I had learned, and they helped me put those verbs into practice.

We went down to the beach, and I let them play for a while, collecting shells and throwing stones into the sea. I, meanwhile, had a chance to get some photos. Now, this was no ordinary day. Today was a scorcher!! It was so warm, I couldn’t even wear my jacket. I hope the weather back in the UK is just as nice!! Ha ha ha ha!!! :o)


This evening, I met with one of the local missionaries – Jeff. Jeff has been working in the orphanage for a long time, but is due to fly home at the end of the week to care of his mother, who is in hospital, and is not very well. His wife is currently in the US, caring for both her parents, who are both very ill also. Prayers for Jeff and his family would be greatly appreciated. He will hopefully return to Sarande in February.

Sorry – not a very eventful day, so I will leave you with some of the pictures I took today. The children on the beach are as mentioned above, and the view of Sarande is from a road, which should be named ‘Sarande’s balcony’. A beautiful view I hope you agree.


Until next time…






No comments: