Thursday, November 16, 2006

The other day, I arranged a meeting with the mums of the area which I live in. This was an opportunity for me to just show them that I had arrived, and get to know them a bit better. They all came over this morning to have some nibbles and get the pictures of our previous visit, which I had printed out for them. They liked the photos a lot, and I had put on a great spread of biscuits, walnuts and mandarins. Some of the youngsters also came, and I think a good time was had by all. I tried my best to pluck up some courage to speak in albanian, but to be honest – I woosed out, and ended up using Liri as a translator. I did understand a lot though, so that was a start.

Life here is very different. It’s a bit weird, as all the men are generally earning a living, and so being at home, and getting Joni from school, for example seems very strange to me, as I’m pretty much the only man doing it. It’s all good though, as once again, we are having a scorcher of a day. Being out in the sunshine is totally fantastic.

The rest of the day was pretty hectic really - lunch, meeting Jeff again before he goes back to the US and finally helping Skenda to pile up about a 1000 logs which they will use over the coming winter as firewood. I'm cream crackered now, so im off for an early night.


1 comment:

B said...

Hi Sion

Just to let you know you have not been forgotten. Have a good day and I hope you have recovered from log stacking :) Lots of love to Barjarmi clan!
B