Friday, November 10, 2006

Today I begin my journey down south.... To those of you who haven't (and can't be bothered to look up a map of Albania on Google... I've done it for you...) Here's the rough estimation of the distance I will cover today. On a bus - this journey would take 8 hours, but thankfully - Magdalena (the missionary who met me here) happens to be doing the journey today, and has offered me a lift. I am VERY glad, as every bus I have seen so far has been more packed than a London tube train at rush hour!!

So - its roughly the distance from Liverpool to London, which would probably take us half the time... Can you tell I'm a little scared of what is to come? I dont think the roads are up to British standards
:o(

This morning, after having coffee with Aunt Vera and the customary breakfast of French Toast at the cafe (Benni makes the best french toast, and puts up with my shocking language skills!), I went for a wander with my camera. Albania is obviously rich in fresh produce.... The markets boast a fantastic array of fruit, veg and olives....

Tirana really is busy.... I am looking forward to moving south to Sarande where the pace of life is just a little slower... I also look forward to spending some more time chatting to people down there, hopefully in Albanian - its coming along..... Kjo eshte nje libre..... This is a book!!! Ha ha ha.... It's like being back at french lessons in school. Only I'm just reading it from a book.... Ahh well.


I dont think updates will be as frequent from now on.... The internet cafe in Sarande doesn't boast wireless technology :o( Take care guys.... Keep in touch.

No comments: